As promised here is my simple recipe for jalapeño honey.
Ingredients and Supplies
- fresh jalapeño peppers
- fresh, local honey
- a canning jar
- Wash jalapeños and slice long ways. If your jar is to small, you can slice the peppers across in roughly 1 to 1/2 inch pieces. As discussed previously, consider wearing gloves when working with jalapeño.
- Fill your canning jar about 3/4 full with sliced jalapeño.
- Add enough honey to the jar to fully cover all the peppers. Pour slowly and allow the air to escape.
- Let this sit uncovered for about an hour to make sure all the air bubbles come to the top.You can speed this process by stirring the honey with a fork.
- Put the lid on the jar. If you are going to let this sit longer than 2 weeks, I suggest using a water bath to sterilize the mixture.
- Let sit on a counter, or other room temperature location for at least one week.The longer you let it sit the stronger your honey will be.
- When it’s reached your desired strength, store in the fridge.