Recipe- Raw Stuffed Jalepeno
I am working on a post about the health benefits of jalapeno, and I thought I’d share the recipe with you. It’s one of my favorite movie night munchies.
jalapeno peppers, or any other hot pepper you enjoy.
Optional – onion powder, garlic powder, or any other spices you like
Note: When working with raw jalapeno be very careful not to touch your face or eyes. The oils from the peppers are very strong, and will cause your face to feel like it’s burning. The effect can last several minutes to several hours, depending on how sensitive you are. You might want to consider wearing food grade gloves.
- Cut the jalapeno in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out the seeds but leave as much of the white membrane as possible. If you like your peppers really hot, leave the seeds in , or mix them into the cream cheese
- If you’re using spices, mix those into the cream cheese.
- Stuff the jalapeno with the cream cheese
- Place the stuffed peppers on trays of your food dehydrator.
- Dehydrate until the cream cheese is dry and starts to crack. The time this takes will depend on the power of your dehydrator, and the setting you use. If I want to eat my peppers within the hour, I use the high setting. But, if you have a little time, it’s better to use lower settings.