It’s A Beautiful Day!

Our cat is going to be okay. It’s been touch and go for the last couple days, but this morning Avi let us know she is getting better. I can breathe a sigh of relief.

We washed Avi in Dawn dish soap, and pushed fluids, like the vet told us to. Yesterday I thought Avi might have to go into the kitty hospital because she still wasn’t drinking any water. I managed to get her to eat a little bit of tuna with the packing water, and a couple bites of wet food. But, yesterday evening she wasn’t looking any better. We had to pick her up and carry her to the litter box, and then back to her spot. The vet said “get more fluids into her.” So, last night I took a medicine syringe — the kind you use to administer baby medication– and used that to get some water down her. I only managed to get her to take 1 teaspoon from the medicine syringe, so then I put water on her fur. I hoped she’d like the water off when she groomed herself.

This morning when we got up, we found her on the kitchen counter where the cat food is kept.  So, sometime during the night she got herself up and made the jump to the kitchen counter. We gave her some canned cat food and and a bowl of water, and she ate and drank a little bit.

But, I think she’s going to be okay.

This is a very painful reminder to me not to become complacent or casual about chemical and standard medical treatments. The brand of “flea treatment” we used was recommended by a vet. We were repeatedly told that it was perfectly safe.

And yet, it poisoned my cat.  (and yes, we applied it correctly– besides if it were an issue of her eating it, then washing it off of her would not have helped her)

 

 

 

Tags :
Categories : Animals

Tell me your thoughts.