Flax Seed Bread for One
I love flax seed bread, but occasionally I just want to make enough for me. This morning was one of those times. I wanted an egg sandwich for breakfast. I haven’t had one since we stopped eating wheat 10 years ago. So, I sat down with my flax bread recipe and did the math. Here is a flax bread recipe that makes enough for one person.
Sorry I didn’t include a picture, I ate breakfast before it occurred to me to post the recipe here.
3 tablespoons ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of stevia
a pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 tablespoons oil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Mix all dry ingredients together well.
2. In a different bowl (or cup) mix the wet ingredients.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well
4. Let sit for a minute or so
5. Pour the batter onto a baking pan. I use a baking stone, but if you use something other than stone you’ll need to grease the pan first. Form it into the shape(s) you want.
6. Bake at 350 deg until it’s done. About 15 or 20 minutes.
That’s it. You could make this in a cast iron skillet in the oven, or on the stove, too.